Communications and Operations Coordinator
Concepts, Inc., a woman-owned communications firm in Bethesda, Md., is seeking a highly motivated communications and operations coordinator to support its federal government clientele and manage corporate functions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for social cause-related work and take a learning-oriented approach to new tasks and responsibilities.
- Assist with the implementation of public education and outreach strategies. Tactics may include researching and attending conferences and events, writing newsletters and social media content, preparing materials for presentations and reporting project metrics.
- Oversee office operations, including stocking supplies, preparing for and coordinating meetings, maintaining client and staff lists, organizing files and other administrative tasks, as needed.
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts and relationships.
- Manage the president’s calendar for appointments, calls and meetings.
- Work closely with the president to perform project management tasks in support of federal government contracts.
- Coordinate annual staff training and other events.
- Monitor, track and compile media coverage, including legislative and regulatory updates.
- Develop and maintain contact lists for organizations and the media.
- Support website content development and quality assurance services, as well as provide technical assistance to users of client websites, online workspaces and other tools.
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in communications or a related field.
- Can develop and edit high-quality written materials, including newsletter articles, reports and website copy.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously without missing deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues and other organizations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress and digital media tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business or a related field.
If you are interested in the communications and operations coordinator position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concepts, Inc. is small, woman-owned communications firm in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area that specializes in developing and executing effective communications strategies, partnership programs and public education and outreach campaigns. Known for creative approaches that deliver tangible results, Concepts has successfully managed a variety of initiatives on behalf of federal government agencies, nonprofit organizations and private companies. The firm has a diverse portfolio and takes particular pride in its extensive expertise in issues related to disability, accessibility, veterans and the military community.
Concepts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.