Communications and Social Media Coordinator
Concepts, Inc., a woman-owned communications firm in Bethesda, Md., is seeking a highly motivated communications and social media coordinator to support its federal government clientele. The ideal candidate will have a passion for social cause-related work and take a learning-oriented approach to new tasks and responsibilities.
- Assist with the implementation of public education and outreach strategies. Tactics may include researching and attending conferences and events, writing newsletters and social media content, managing social media platforms, preparing materials for presentations, and reporting project metrics.
- Monitor, track and compile media coverage, including legislative and regulatory updates.
- Build and execute social media strategy that includes comparative research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Engage stakeholders through social media outreach, and continuously explore new options and tactics for engagement.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize client pages within each platform to increase the visibility of their social content.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Develop and maintain contact lists for organizations and the media.
- Support website content development and quality assurance services, as well as provide technical assistance to users of client websites, online workspaces and other tools.
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in communications, social media or related field.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills, with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues and other organizations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and social media dashboards.
- Strong attention to detail and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously without missing deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree is a plus.
If you are interested in the communications and social media coordinator position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Concepts, Inc. is small, woman-owned communications firm in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area that specializes in developing and executing effective communications strategies, partnership programs and public education and outreach campaigns. Known for creative approaches that deliver tangible results, Concepts has successfully managed a variety of initiatives on behalf of federal government agencies, nonprofit organizations and private companies. The firm has a diverse portfolio and takes particular pride in its extensive expertise in issues related to disability, accessibility, veterans and the military community.
Concepts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.